Why Choose Smith & McGhee?
If you have been injured in an accident, been accused of a crime, or need help with a family law or estate planning matter, it may seem like a daunting task to find the right legal representation.
The professional and experienced attorneys at Smith & McGhee, PC are proud to offer you the specialized skills, superior representation, and extensive experience needed to deal with a range of serious legal issues.
Hiring an attorney can be a difficult task and choosing the right attorney for your case can make all difference. It’ s important to understand that not all attorneys and law firms are created equal. Our passion for our work along with our proven track record of success should give you confidence that Smith & McGhee is the best choice for your case.
Smith & McGhee: The Trusted Choice
Our experienced and trusted attorneys strive for excellence in all of their specialized practice areas. The firm’s attorneys are dedicated to delivering the most effective and efficient legal representation possible.
If you have been injured in an accident or a loved one was killed due to the carelessness of another party, our Alabama personal injury attorney will work diligently to represent you in your personal injury or wrongful death claim. We will pursue evidence to prove negligence and fight for the highest level of compensation possible for your injuries.
If you have been accused of a crime in Alabama, our experienced Dothan criminal defense attorneys can defend against all sorts of criminal charges. Our Dothan, Alabama firm has handled hundreds of cases in the area for crimes such as DUI, drug crimes, property crimes, assault, sex crimes, and federal crimes. We will deliver sound legal advice and even make arrangements for after-hours or jail visits, if necessary.
Divorce and custody disputes are almost always stressful and contentious. Our Dothan divorce and family law attorneys will work with you on these legal matters to find the best possible solution in your case, making sure that your rights are protected.
Our trusted Alabama estate planning attorneys have extensive experience helping clients both plan for the future and deal with unfortunate probate issues. Whether you need a simple will and trust drawn up or you are faced with navigating the probate process, our compassionate and skilled estate planning attorneys can help.
Personalized Attention and Care
When you decide to seek legal representation for any reason, it’s important to choose wisely. The highly recommended attorneys and legal staff at Smith & McGhee will be able to provide you with the experience, guidance, insight, and care that is necessary to achieve the best outcome in your case. The attorneys at our Dothan, Alabama law firm are personal advocates for our clients.
- Never just a case number– The team at Smith & McGhee recognizes that each case and client are unique and we will always treat them as such. We make an extra effort to get to know each client so that the highest possible level of service can be provided.
- Friendly and professional service– We understand that just about anything related to the law can be stressful. Our team seeks to reduce your strain with our friendly service. You’ll always be greeted with a smile and a kind voice.
- Respect and compassion– If you are seeking legal representation, you are looking for some sort of help, and we want to provide assistance in the most compassionate way possible. We will listen to your concerns, discuss the goals for your case, and provide you with trusted legal advice.
- Accessible services– We understand that it can be frustrating when you have a concern or need a question answered on your case. The attorneys at Smith & McGhee make themselves available to clients as much as possible so that you can enjoy peace of mind. For some of our cases, we will also provide nighttime and weekend appointments to fit your busy schedule or constrained circumstances.
- Breadth of experience– Our law firm is small and dedicated to certain areas of practice by choice. Our size allows us to get to know clients more intimately as well as offer a useful range of services to individuals in the Dothan area. Where one day you might need assistance with a personal injury case, our expertise can also help at a later date with a family law or probate matter.
Some of Our Attorney’s Top Achievements
Our trusted attorneys have more than 35 years combined experience practicing law in Alabama. We have successfully concluded hundreds of legal matters involving personal injury, criminal defense, family law, probate, and estate planning. Some of our firm and attorney’s accreditations and achievements include:
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Top 100 List
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – Top 10 Ranking
- Member of The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Thorough Case Evaluations
At Smith & McGhee, we offer all clients an initial case evaluation. This is a no-obligation opportunity for you to contact our firm so that we can review your case and discuss your legal options. When you arrive at our offices, you will meet with one of our attorneys, not a paralegal or assistant as is the case with some other law firms. If you are unable to come to our law office, our attorney will make arrangements to come to you whether it be in the hospital, at your home, or some other convenient location.
No Recovery No Fee Guarantee
All personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. If you have been injured in an accident or lost a loved one due to wrongful death, we believe that you have enough to worry about and shouldn’t be burdened with paying for legal services. If there is no monetary recovery in your case, you won’t pay for any fees or costs. If we do win or settle your personal injury case, our fees are paid from the money that we recover on your behalf.
Quality work from dedicated and experienced attorneys in the Dothan, Alabama area. Contact Smith & McGhee, PC at 334-702-1744 or online to schedule an initial consultation.