Close Menu

Alabama Lawyers for Modification of Child Custody, Child Support & Alimony

When child custody, visitation, child support and spousal support orders are made by a court, they are based on circumstances at a certain point in time – and they are also based on the opinion of a particular judge. When things change in life, though, those orders may no longer be appropriate.

Post-Decree Modification & Enforcements

The good news is that a person can always seek modification of court orders to fit the needs of the present situation, whether they were made as part of a divorce or as separate matters. Our attorneys can help you if you want to modify:

  • Child custody and visitation: Custody and visitation arrangements for your children can be modified with the help of our attorneys when a parent moves away due to a new job, a deployment or another issue; when children’s needs change; or when remarriage or relationship issues impact child custody or visitation schedules. Grandparents and others can also petition a court for custodial or visitation rights.
  • Child support: If you want to change the child support payments you make or receive, our attorneys can petition a court for modification due to income reductions or job losses for payers or recipients of child support; changes in custody arrangements; or changes in day care or medical expenses or other costs.
  • Spousal support: If your income or expenses have changed significantly, your ability to pay alimony (or your need for alimony) may also change and call for modification. Our attorneys can help you build an effective case.

Contact us to discuss your interest in modification.

Child Support Enforcement Lawyers Serving the Dothan Area

If you are not receiving the child support or alimony payments to which you are legally entitled or if your court-ordered time with your children is not being honored, our attorneys can help you take action to resolve the problem. We can aggressively pursue enforcement of your legal rights through negotiation or by representing you before the appropriate authorities to make sure you are treated fairly.

Contact the Alabama child custody modification lawyers of Smith & McGhee, PC, at 334-702-1744 to schedule your initial consultation about your case. We are highly experienced in matters involving divorce, modification, enforcement and other important family law issues.

Share This Page: