Close Menu

Divorce Lawyer in Dothan, AL

Smith & McGhee, PC, in Dothan, Alabama, has handled thousands of divorces. Our Dothan divorce lawyers have more than two decades of combined legal experience. If you are contemplating a divorce, if your spouse has told you he or she wants a divorce, or if you have any other divorce-related concerns, you can turn to our law firm with confidence.

At Smith & McGhee, PC, we take great care in informing our clients about their rights and what they can expect. We can help you understand divorce law and how it can benefit you. As Fort Rucker military divorce lawyers, we handle military divorce as well as civilian divorce.

First Steps for Reaching a Favorable Divorce Settlement

If you are interested in learning about how our law firm can assist you in obtaining a favorable divorce settlement, call 334-702-1744 to schedule an appointment. At your first consultation, one of our skilled attorneys will obtain as much knowledge as possible about your assets, obligations, quality of the relationship and other factors. We then proceed accordingly, based on your goals and specific circumstances.

We handle contested and uncontested divorce.

Our law firm capably handles contested and uncontested divorce. In a contested divorce, you and the other party disagree on at least one issue. In an uncontested divorce, you and the other party are in agreement on all issues. If you do not have many assets and do not have children (or, even if you do have children), an uncontested divorce can be quite economical and efficient.

Our lawyers have the capacity to handle even the most complex divorces. We handle complex marital property division on behalf of people with substantial marital estates. Whether through mediation, negotiation or litigation, we seek the best possible outcome on your behalf.

We handle post-divorce issues.

In the years following a divorce, problems can arise regarding the divorce decree. Generally, these problems involve child custody and child support. Whether you are a mother or father, custodial parent or noncustodial parent, we can assist you in resolving your problem effectively. We handle child custody modification, child support modification, child custody enforcement and child support enforcement.

Share This Page: