Sexual Assault Defense Attorneys in Dothan, Alabama
If you have been charged with a sex crime in Alabama, the consequences can be very serious. Your job and your family may be severely affected, and you may be in danger of losing your freedom. Having an aggressive defense lawyer on your side can make a big difference.
At Smith & McGhee, PC, our attorneys are highly experienced at defending people accused of all types of sex crimes, including:
- Rape or sexual assault
- Sexual abuse
- Child sexual abuse
- Sexual misconduct
- Indecent exposure
- Sodomy, sexual misconduct or sexual torture
- Child pornography
- Internet solicitation of children
Contact us for help with your situation. We will listen to your side of the story and treat you with respect, and we will fight for your rights in court.
Help With Sex Offender Registration Violations
If you have been convicted of a sex crime, there may be legal restrictions on where you can live and work. Violations of these complicated sex offender registration laws are prosecuted as serious crimes.
In addition to providing defense against charges of sex crimes, we can assist you if you have been charged with a violation of any of the ever-changing sex offender registration laws. We are highly experienced with issues like:
- Violations of the Community Notification Act
- Failure to register as a sex offender
- Moving or changing employment without permission
- Failure to provide proper identification
- Alabama’s “habitual offender” law, which requires enhancement of punishment if you have prior felonies on your record
Experienced Dothan Sex Crime Defense Attorneys
If you are facing charges or you have questions about how the habitual offender law or any other sex offender registry law applies to you, consult Smith & McGhee for advice. Contact us at 334-702-1744.