Dothan Criminal Defense Attorneys
The practice of criminal law is not for the faint of heart. It requires skill, knowledge and the ability to think both creatively and strategically. At Smith & McGhee, PC, our attorneys are tough, aggressive and extremely knowledgeable in Alabama and federal criminal law. Armed with that legal knowledge and with experience in dealing with hundreds of cases of all kinds, we vigorously defend the rights of our clients, fighting charges and working to minimize the consequences of conviction.
Defense Lawyers Skills, Abilities And Strong Legal Knowledge
If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, you may be facing serious consequences like time in jail or prison, and you will do well to get the strongest possible legal representation against the charges. From misdemeanors to severe felonies, we defend clients facing criminal situations involving:
- Federal criminal law: All crimes handled in federal court.
- DUI: Including aggravated DUI, repeat offenses and issues involving diminishing consequences of DUI.
- Drug crimes: Including simple possession, distribution, manufacturing and issues involving the consequences of drug possession crimes and drug trafficking.
- Sex crimes: Including sexual assault, rape and other serious sex crimes.
- Assault: Including violent crimes, murder, manslaughter and vehicular homicide.
- Property crimes: Theft, burglary and robbery.
- Domestic violence: Domestic assault and other issues related to family conflict and family law.
- White collar crimes: Including fraud, embezzlement and counterfeiting.
- Traffic violations such as speeding tickets and citations for reckless driving or driving without a license.
- Expungement of Criminal Charges.
Dothan Criminal Defense Lawyers Using Strategy And Knowledge For Your Case
As lawyers, we are aggressive and strong yet very strategic in the approach that we take to representing our clients. That means that we will listen to your story, carefully analyze all the details of your case and develop a detailed and focused plan to help you reach the best possible results. We will use that strategy to defend you at all stages of case preparation, negotiation, hearings and arraignments.
What Should I Do If I Am Arrested?
Regardless of the seriousness of the charges against you, you have numerous legal rights and protections under state and federal law, including the right to hire an attorney. Learn more about what to do if you’re arrested.
Serving Areas Such As Dothan, Ozark And Enterprise — Criminal Defense Lawyers
Smith & McGhee, PC, offers free case consultations by phone. Call us at 334-702-1744 or contact us online. We are available for evening and weekend appointments and jail visits when needed. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.